022: City Councillor Ryan Donn on How Property Taxes Affect the People of Kelowna
Ryan Donn is a Kelowna City Councillor, Cultural Development Coordinator in Lake Country, community builder, digital storyteller, event producer, and songwriter. Elected to Council in November 2014, Ryan has utilized his passion for the city of Kelowna and its people, combined with his experience and expertise in creative development, to further grow the city and its communities. He shares about the effects of taxes and upcoming changes relevant to the people of Kelowna.
- [1:15] Tell us about yourself.
- [3:31] I want our city to be accurately represented.
- [5:45] Talk to us about budgeting.
- [6:21] Tell us about taxes and our city.
- [6:50] How is property value connected to taxes?
- [8:45] You can see the property tax estimator on the Kelowna website.
- [12:31] Recognizing your estimated tax is beneficial for financial planning.
- [14:39] Tell us about commercial taxing.
- [15:51] Utility typically costs up to 6x more than residential.
- [20:30] Can you share on budget changes in the city?
- [21:50] What is the best way to contact you?
Contact Ryan Donn
About your host
I have been a mortgage broker for 10 years and have held several different positions within the industry to get me to where I am today. Over the years I have helped many families achieve the goal of home ownership as well as save thousands in finding the right mortgage for their needs.