005: Asking Questions When Buying a New Home: Darcy Nyrose Shares His Secrets
Scott Peckford hits the road to speak with Darcy Nyrose of Coldwell Banker Nyrose & Associates. Darcy shares how a buyer can ask questions when negotiating a purchase and making an offer on a new home.
Darcy became a real estate agent in the Lower Mainland in 1991 thanks to a mentor. He moved to Kelowna in 2008 in partnership with a developer. Nyrose & Associates is selling 3 active developments, and 4 new developments upcoming in Kelowna.
Worst Day: going through the emotional roller-coaster with clients through the ups and downs of multiple offers, lost bids, and distressed properties.
Bonus motto: we’ll find it, or we’ll fix it.
Ask the Expert: New Home Construction
- find a realtor who is experienced in new home purchases
- New construction: anything that hasn’t been sold once before: builder-owned, developer-owned, or bank-owned
- ask what’s included, and what’s an upgrade?
- what are the incentives
- know the completion date. Is it a moving target?
- force majeur
- min 10 or min 20 percent down. Find creative ways to get that deposit.
- discuss New Home Warranty
- discuss with your real estate agent the reputation of the developer
Advice would you give a friend on how to find a quality real estate agent?
- does the realtor have a team?
Contact Darcy Nyrose
About your host
I have been a mortgage broker for 10 years and have held several different positions within the industry to get me to where I am today. Over the years I have helped many families achieve the goal of home ownership as well as save thousands in finding the right mortgage for their needs.