021: Inside Kelowna’s Commercial Real Estate Sector with Nate Flavel
Nate Flavel is a realtor with RE/MAX Kelowna. His team specializes in the luxury and commercial real estate market. He started his journey as a promotions director in the radio industry and co-founded Kelowna Actors Studio, the valley’s only licensed dinner theatre and performing arts school. Nate has called Kelowna home for the past 20 years, and has become a significant member of the business community with extensive experience in media, marketing, and the arts and cultural sectors.
- [0:35] Tell us a little about yourself?
- [1:53] How did you get into real estate?
- [4:40] Do you miss doing residential real estate?
- [5:30] When did you know this business was for you?
- [6:57] What was the most satisfying moment of your career?
- [8:50] What was the best advice you ever received?
- [10:13] How are the process different between residential and commercial?
- [13:45] What is the scope of a commercial real estate agent?
- [14:50] Is a commercial lease upfront or ongoing?
- [15:39] What is the biggest mistake you see people make in commerical real estate?
- [17:15] Most people have their own team but contractors are very important.
- [19:45] What are the top 3 things for finding a great a commercial realtor?
About your host
I have been a mortgage broker for 10 years and have held several different positions within the industry to get me to where I am today. Over the years I have helped many families achieve the goal of home ownership as well as save thousands in finding the right mortgage for their needs.